I have been using Ghost blogging platform for a few years now and I really like it! I have previously written about how I set it up with GitHub pages and Buster. However a few important things have changed since then:
- Buster is no longer maintained.
- Google is ranking HTTPS sites higher.
- Ghost 1.0 is released!
To coop with these new conditions, I made a few changes:
- I use Cloudflare to secure my blog with HTTPS.
- I setup Ghost blogging platform on localhost with MySQL and NGINX.
- I created a very simple shell script using
wgetto create a static website out of Ghost running on localhost.
This means I can still use Ghost 1.x, for free, with HTTPS, with custom domain on GitHub pages!
Checkout the repo to see exactly how it works. There is a branch, master, where the static content is committed. There is a branch, tools, where the
commit.sh is placed and this this is also where the database and content gets backed up on publish. And publish is done by executing the
Enjoy! This is the first post with that new setup =)